Monday, September 21, 2009

USING YOUR LOTTERY MONEY WISELY??:

Whenever someone wins a huge lottery jackpot, I go through two phases. First, I feel crazy jealous. Then, I'm secretly happy when the massive influx of cash inevitably turns their life into a train wreck.

For example, two years ago, 21-year-old Jay Vargas become the youngest-ever Powerball winner, when he landed a $35.3 million payout in Gaston, South Carolina, at the age of 19.

With about $17 million after taxes, he vowed to spend his money wisely, and said, quote, "I just want to be comfortable." He says, quote, "I didn't have the temptation to go out and buy 15 cars or 50 houses, or a big mansion with 50-plus rooms."

So . . . he moved to Florida and launched "Wrestlicious": a bikini-wrestling TV show. He even filmed a pilot episode, hosted by Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Hart, and is looking for a network to pick up the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment